Roof Cleaning & Sealing
Roof Cleaning & Sealing in Essex
At HPS we strive to 'be the best' when it comes to cleaning and restoring your roof. Our roof cleaning is carried out using specialist professional pressure cleaning and low pressure soft washing equipment. This means that the roof tiles will be fully deep cleaned in the minimum time possible with little disturbance to you or you neighbours.
The Roof Cleaning & Roof Coating process:
- Prepare site - For some jobs we may need to erect scaffolding
- Professional pressure washing (Or low pressure ‘bio’ washing – see below)
- Replace any cracked or broken roof tiles
- Re-point any broken mortar joints
- Apply an anti-fungal solution to the roof
- Clean all gutters and facias
- Apply first coat of roof coating (if required)
- Apply second coat of roof coating to seal (if required)
- Tidy site and remove all waste.
There are 2 different methods to cleaning a roof. The more common and popular way is to pressure wash the roof as it gives a much better, all over even finish and removes all dirt, moss and lichens (white spots) quickly and effectively. The second way is by ‘soft washing’ or ‘bio washing’ the roof. This is done by manually scraping off all the moss by hand followed by spraying a chemical on the roof at low pressure similar, to that of your garden hose. This chemical will kill off the spores and clean the dirt off the tiles.
Roof Sealing / Roof Coating
- Smartseal Roof Sealer, This is clear and forms a protective barrier against fungal growths and grime. In addition, it brings out the natural colour in your tiles.
- ClimaShield Roof Coating, This is available in 5 different colours. This coating is coloured and is effectively spray painted onto the roof. This is a good option for those that wish to change the colour of their roof and make it look more like a new roof, as opposed to a cleaned roof.
Initially all border and perimeter tiles including the base area of any chimney stacks are cut in by hand. The remaining areas are then coated with professional airless spray equipment, this ensures accurate and efficient application.
The first, of the two applications, is a heavier coat that penetrates deeply into the structure of the tile to ensure longevity in colour retention is achieved, as well as providing an efficient depth of water resiliency. After a suitable drying time a second coating is applied adding further depth of colour and protective elements to the structure.
We really will leave every job looking its very best! We have never had an un-impressed customer but don’t just take our word for it. Please take the time to view some photos and videos of our previous work on our Facebook and Checkatrade pages.
We are fully trained and insured with Public Liability cover up to the value of £10,000,000